Chicken Salad is a wonderful addition to your lunch rotation. The salad can be made ahead so that when you’re ready to eat, you can just toast up 2 slices of Uprising bread and have a delicious, healthy and protein packed lunch in moments. It’s the perfect vehicle for flavor too. Ours includes golden raisins, red onions, chives and celery. It’s best served on Uprising’s Superfood bread– a gluten free bread with zero added sugar that’s artisan baked with just 2 net carbs. It’s approved for keto and paleo diets. The protein, fiber and healthy fats inside will give you sustainable energy without feeling stuffed or weighed down. This makes a perfect lunch for any day of the week.
1/3 to 1/2 cup canola mayo
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 grilled boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 red onion
2 ribs celery
1/4 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons fresh chives, sliced
4 slices Uprising bread
Salt and pepper, to taste
A handful of Mache or baby spinach
- Whisk together the dressing by combining the mayo, mustard and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Chop the onion and celery into a small dice, then chop the grilled chicken cutlets (homemade or store bought) into small cubes.
- Combine all the chopped veggies, the chicken and the dressing in a large bowl and fold in the raisins and chives. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Toast the Uprising bread in the oven, in the toaster or on the grill.
- Serve the chicken salad on the toasted bread, scattered with the lettuce, and enjoy!