A bread frittata is a take on a savory bread pudding that’s perfect for breakfast. Ours is made silky with sharp white cheddar cheese and studded with bell peppers and spinach. Uprising’s Superfood bread binds the omelette just like wheat bread typically would. It’s a gluten free bread with zero added sugar that’s artisan baked with just 2 net carbs. It’s approved for keto and paleo diets. The protein, fiber and healthy fats inside will make this a hearty breakfast that will give you plenty of energy for the day ahead.
5 whole eggs
½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
½ cup milk
3 tbsp butter
1 red bell pepper
2 handfuls of spinach
4 Slices of Uprising bread
Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Chop the red bell peppers and chiffonade the spinach. Cube the Uprising bread. Break and whisk the eggs, adding the cheese, milk and bread cubes. Allow to sit while you saute the vegetables.
- Sautee the red bell peppers in a small nonstick pan. When they’re softening and beginning to color, add the spinach and allow it to wilt. Now add the egg mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow the bottom to set and then drag the cooked egg to the center, allowing more of the raw mixture to reach the hot pan. Now you can transfer the dish to the oven, where it will bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Pull the frittata from the oven when cooked through and serve.