When you think about it, it’s not that people don’t like bread—because, let’s face it, nothing beats a warm slice of fresh bread baked to perfection. It’s that they don’t like all the icky ingredients in the bread. Processed flour, questionable additives, icky preservatives? Yeah, no, thank you!
Bread is a staple food in many households and has been eaten worldwide for millennia. From mouth-watering sandwiches to crunchy croutons and everything in between, bread is used in a whole lot of dishes. That said, for those looking to skip the carbs, it can sometimes seem close to impossible—especially considering how many dishes call for bread. That is, until now.
Enter: Uprising Food.
If you’re on a low-carb journey and haven’t heard of Uprising Food, you are seriously missing out. Just imagine all the yummy meals you could make if you got your hands on keto-friendly bread—the options are truly endless! Developed by a team of top artisan bakers, one serving is packed with six grams of protein and nine grams of fiber with only two measly net carbs per serving. Yup, you read that right—two net carbs.
But that’s not all—in each serving, you can expect to fuel your body with nourishing ingredients like almonds, psyllium husk, flax seeds, and egg whites to stay full and energized from sun-up to sun-down. It’s made with clean ingredients and absolutely no fillers. Finally, there’s bread you can feel good about!
Want to know more about the healthiest bread on the planet? Keep reading.
Uprising Food: The Cube
When you order bread from Uprising Food, it comes in an easy-to-slice cube (not pre-sliced for flexibility) and is a much healthier bread alternative that’s a gift from the future baked with wisdom from the past. Masterfully developed by a team of genius artisan bakers, it’s more like a supplement that tastes like a sourdough!
So, what are some of the superfood ingredients that make up this unbelievably amazing bread, you ask? Let’s break them down:
No introduction needed—everyone knows about almonds. They are extremely nutritious and rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. What’s not to love?
Here are a few health benefits from eating almonds:
- Provides Digestion Support: Almonds are an excellent source of fiber and can keep your GI tract moving to prevent constipation. They can also promote healthy bacteria in your gut.
- Supports Healthy Skin: If you happen to suffer from dry, flaky skin, almonds could be the answer. Why? Because they provide healthy fats to help keep skin supple- that’s why!
- Promotes Heart Health: In addition to giving you glowing skin, vitamin E in almonds can help your ticker as well.
Psyllium—also known as Plantago ovata—is a soluble fiber made from seeds for your gut bacteria. When consumed, it expands due to water in the colon, and it forms a thick gel-like substance which then pushes out the toxins and waste in the body. Here are some of the health benefits of incorporating this superfood into your diet:
- Relieves Constipation: Psyllium husk can act like a gentle laxative in the body, which can help to provide constipation relief.
- Supports Weight Loss: Believe it or not, psyllium has a minor effect on blood sugar which can help you to regulate your weight. It can also help to support weight loss by making you feel full and controlling your appetite cravings.
- Lowers Blood Pressure: Psyllium husk fiber can bind to fats and bile acids in your digestive tract, which is then excreted. This naturally prompts your liver to make more bile acids, but in order to do this, your liver needs to use stored cholesterol, which thereby decreases your blood pressure.
Ah, flax seeds! These itty-bitty seeds are packed with omega-3s, fiber, protein, and more. Simply put, they are tiny bundles of nutrients that supply a wealth of health benefits—here are some of them:
- Aids Digestion: Flaxseeds contain both soluble fiber and insoluble fiber, which help to soften stools for easy elimination as well as promote bowel regularity. The two types of fiber work together in harmony to support a happy and healthy digestive tract.
- Improves Skin Health: Flaxseeds contain omega-3 ALA and B vitamins, which contribute to smooth, radiant-looking skin. These essential nutrients may help to reduce dryness and flakiness and may also help repair skin damage associated with aging and inflammation.
- Fights Inflammation: The lignans and omega-3 fatty acids abundant in flaxseed may help reduce inflammation. So, if you’re struggling with uncomfortable symptoms from an inflammatory disease, eating flaxseed—found in Uprising Food Bread—may help you to feel better.
To eat the yolk or to not eat the yolk—that is the question. While many people eat the entire egg, if you’re looking to lower the amount of calories, fat, and saturated fats you consume, skip the yolk and stick with just the egg whites. Here are a few of the benefits to eating just the whites:
- Muscle Growth: Egg whites are considered the powerhouse of protein which is key to building lean muscle.
- Combats Fatigue: Iron deficiency is one of the many factors that contribute to fatigue. If you feel especially dizzy and sleepy, the manganese and magnesium found in egg whites just might do the trick to get you back to feeling normal.
- Builds Strong Bones: To maintain strong and healthy bones, you need plenty of calcium, which can be found in—you guessed it—egg whites.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been around for thousands of years to aid many health ailments ranging from the common cold and acid reflux to weight loss and blood sugar regulation. Produced during the fermentation of apple cider, many people consume the vinegar as is, while others avoid the bitter taste altogether and enjoy the versatile superfood baked in a fresh slice of Uprising Food Bread. Here are the health benefits of apple cider vinegar:
- Kills Harmful Bacteria: Did you know vinegar—like apple cider vinegar—can help kill pathogens, including bacteria? Yup, it’s true—people have traditionally used vinegar for cleaning and disinfecting, treating everything from nail fungus to lice and everything in between.
- Provides Probiotics: Dairy products are known for their incredible probiotic traits, but they’re also well-known causes of inflammation. The solution? Apple cider vinegar. It provides healthy probiotics without the risk of additional inflammation, which can help you to have more energy, keep your GI system regular, and improve your overall quality of life.
- Aids Weight Loss: While more research is needed, many studies show that apple cider vinegar may increase feelings of fullness. This can lead to consuming fewer calories and a trimmer waistline.
And last but certainly not least, in each serving of Uprising Food bread, you’ll find a healthy dose of MCT oil, which is jam-packed with antioxidants, moisturizing fatty acids, and antibacterial as well as antifungal properties. Extracted from coconut or palm oil, pure MCT oil comes with a hefty list of health benefits. Here are a few of them:
- Provides Instant Energy: MCT oils are easily absorbed into the bloodstream with very minimal effort from the body. The result? Instant energy.
- Improves Memory: Since MCT oil is easily absorbed by the body, the breakdown of medium-chain fatty acids creates readily accessible ketone bodies (an alternative fuel source) that fuel brain cells. Researchers believe that since the brain is receiving a direct source of energy—no insulin required—the fatty acids in MCT oil just might help to improve cognitive function, including memory.
- Boosts Gut Health: MCT oil can boost immunity and help with gut health because it targets harmful bacteria without destroying the good bacteria in the stomach. In fact, MCTs have been shown to inhibit the growth of antibiotic-resistant bacteria that can cause diarrhea.
A Final Word
Did you know that 95 percent of us are utterly fiber-starved? Yup, it’s true—only 5 percent of us are actually hitting the daily fiber recommendations. That said, we say it’s time to fix the fiber gap and take gut health more seriously… and not with powders or unrealistic recommendations, but with almost-too-good-to-be-true Uprising Food!
If you’re looking to improve your health but are having a tough time cutting ties with bread, you’re in luck because our fiber-rich Superfood Cube tastes so good; you won’t believe it contains only two net carbs per serving. Made with good-for-you ingredients like almonds, psyllium husk, and egg whites, we know once you try our bread, you’ll be hooked for life.
At 9 grams of heart-healthy fiber and 6 grams of body-nourishing protein, you can finally enjoy bread guilt-free. Check us out today and start making your favorite low-carb dishes tomorrow. Trust us; you’ll be glad you did!