So, you made a delicious prime rib roast and are lucky enough to have leftovers—don’t neglect them and make this mouth-watering open-faced prime rib sandwich! Thinly sliced prime rib with a touch of low-carb horseradish mayo is an absolute treat. It’s best served on Uprising’s Superfood Bread—a gluten-free bread with absolutely zero added sugar that’s artisan baked with only 2 net carbs.
With that in mind, it’s easy to see why this bread is a must for anyone following a low-carb lifestyle. Approved for keto and paleo dieters, the protein, fiber, and healthy fats inside will give you sustainable energy without feeling stuffed or weighed down. Give this keto-friendly recipe a try—your taste buds will be glad you did!
Thinly sliced prime rib
1 slice Uprising Bread
2 pieces of sliced cheese of your choosing
¼ cup thinly slice jalapenos
½ cup Mayo
1 tbsp horseradish
1 tbsp leftover au jus
1 tbsp dijon mustard
½ tsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp garlic powder
¼ tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler on over. In a saucepan, warm up any leftover au jus or consomme to medium heat.
- Once the broiler is at temp, apply a small amount of butter to the Uprising Bread slice and broil till golden brown.
- Place all horseradish mayo ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until all ingredients are incorporated. Set aside for use momentarily
- While au jus is warming up, thinly slice prime rib
- Use your now heated up au jus (consume) to also heat up your slice prime rib. You will only dip your prime rib in the au jus to soak up a little more flavor.
- Spread the desired amount of horseradish mayo to Uprising Bread toasted side down.
- Place a warmed up slice of the prime rib on top of the horseradish mayo. Then your sliced cheese and thinly sliced jalapenos. Broil until jalapenos are toasted and cheese is ooey-gooey. Serve with a side of warmed up au jus if desired.