Dear Uprising Patriots,
The "Official Uprising Stuffing" recipe has arrived. It's so good that we are calling this the "No-Disclaimer-Needed" Keto Stuffing ... designed by Uprising's Chef Adam Cohen, this stuffing is a PALATE PLEASER first and keto compliant second (yet it only has 7 Net Carbs per serving).
We've put together some food magic this year ... our goal is for keto folks to be the hero of this year's Thanksgiving by helping you create the best stuffing your family has ever tasted!
FYI ... we had a non-keto, foodie who despises eating leftovers taste test this stuffing. She ended up eating it 3 days in a row and twice on Sunday (literally). It's that good!
Now, Here's The Highlights:
- 7 Net Carbs Per Serving (already uploaded to MyFitnessPal)
- 8 Total Ingredients (with links below)
- 12 Total Steps (both beginner and advanced cooking skills friendly)
- 10 Servings = Exactly 1 Full 9” x 13” Pyrex Pan
- Total "Hands-On" Time to Prepare = 45 Minutes
- Total "Hands-Off" Baking Time = 2 Hours
- 2 Optional "Chefy Moves" But Zero Required
- Becoming The Talk of Thanksgiving = Priceless
P.S. We uploaded everything into MyFitnessPal for all of those folks who want to make their tracking life easier. Here's a quick access link to the nutritional facts.
Now, The Ingredients:
- 2 Keto Kubes (2 Full Loaves of Uprising Food Keto Bread). Click to order.
- 2 Containers or 32.4 Ounces of Kettle and Fire Chicken Bone Broth. Click for Example.
- 2 Containers or 20 Ounces of Mirepoix (AKA mixed veggies). Click for example.
- 1.50 tbsp(s), Sage Fresh. Click for example.
- 1.50 tbsp(s), Rosemary, Fresh. Click for example.
- 1.50 tbsp(s), Thyme, Fresh. Click for example.
- 3 tbsp(s), Italian Parsley Fresh. Click for example.
- 1 LB. Ground Pork (we recommend pasture-raised from a local farmers market if possible). Click here for example online.
Directions: A Two Day Plan
Day 1 - Prep Day: 15 minutes of hands-on time
- Cut two whole Keto Kube loaves into “mini cubes” and place on baking sheet(s). We recommend aiming for fifths (5 x 5 x 5 cuts for each side) to get the most delightful stuffing sized pieces … but NO NEED to stress about being perfect. We recommend this size because a key to great stuffing is having both “crusty points” and soft bites with each serving. This size works best to get the right feel of the bite!
- Bake at 350°F for 45 - 60 minutes, until you have “mini-cube-toasts” NOT FULLY HARD CROUTONS. The mini cubes should be browned and crisp on the outside but still have “give” and a softness left in the center. This is THE STEP to get right and the most important part of making amazing stuffing.
- Once you have the “mini-cube-toasts”, remove from oven and place them in a safe "open-air" spot in your kitchen. They should cool for 12-24 hours.
Day 2 - Cook Day: 30 minutes of hands-on time.
- Separate herb leaves from their stems (discard stems), place all herbs on the cutting board and chop the herbs ... go crazy! When you have them finely chopped, place in a small bowl to the side.
- Use a dutch oven, cast iron, or favorite browning pan to brown the pork. Make sure you break up the pork with a wooden spoon into small pieces eliminating the clumpiness. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Transfer browned meat into a temporary holding bowl or container and then place the dutch oven or cast iron back on the heat.
- Combine all herbs and Mirepoix into the dutch oven (should be on medium heat at least). Stir and mix for approximately 1 minute to simply “release the water” from the veggies. Turn the heat off.
- Combine the meat and “mini-cube-toasts” back into the dutch oven. Use the spoon to mix the ingredients thoroughly until it’s somewhat uniform.
- Transfer all contents of the dutch oven to the baking pan. Our amazon recommendation here.
- Pour both containers of chicken bone broth over the stuffing getting everything decently wet. It’s probably going to look way “soupier” than you are comfortable with … that’s how this recipe is supposed to be at this stage; don’t worry.
- Place the stuffing in the oven for 60-90 minutes on 350 degrees. The time will GREATLY vary depending on your oven so focus on cooking until there’s no standing broth left in the pan. That’s when it’s done. As long as you stay at 350 and don’t try to rush the bake you will be safe and sound even if your oven requires 2 hours.
- Bring to thanksgiving and accept this year’s award for best in show!
- Can I Make Less? Yes!!! You'll notice that we designed this recipe to be easily cut in half so you could make a smaller portion just for fun or for a smaller group.
- What Else Can I Do With It? We love to take the stuffing the next morning, reheat on the cast iron and fry an egg with it ... enter breakfast stuffing from heaven!
- Can I "Ketobreadify" My Own Favorite Stuffing? Yes but this recipe is PERFECTLY balanced for an awesome flavor profile. However, totally cool to adapt to your liking and traditions. We do recommend following our instructions closely on the mini-cube-toast making and the ratio of chicken broth to bread. If you make sure you nail those two things, your own experiment should go great!
If we've hit the mark, we'd love your help spreading the word! Please share with your peeps as you see fit.
Also, feel free to comment or ask us questions if you need help!