When switching to a gluten free, paleo or keto diet, it’s normal to miss classic American flavor combinations and nostalgic tastes. Now you won’t have to miss the BLT anymore - This one is made on Uprising’s Superfood bread- a gluten free bread with zero added sugar that’s artisan baked with just 2 net carbs. It’s approved for keto and paleo diets. The protein, fiber and healthy fats inside will give you sustainable energy without feeling stuffed or weighed down. The sandwich is a crowd pleasure, and packed with flavor.
6 slices of bacon
1 red ripe tomato
A few leaves of crunchy lettuce (iceberg, curly or romaine will do)
6 tbsp mayonnaise
Salt and pepper
4 slices of Uprising bread
- Set the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit and wash your lettuce and tomato.
- While the oven preheats, prepare a sheet pan lined with tin foil. Lay the bacon out on half of the pan. Slice the tomato crosswise in sandwich slices
- Once the oven has preheated, put the bacon in for 9 minutes. Midway through, add the Uprising bread.
- When the bacon and bread is done, pull it from the oven. While it’s still warm, spread one side of each slice with mayonnaise and begin arranging the bacon on top. Finish with the lettuce and tomato.
- Serve warm, seasoned with a little salt and pepper as desired, and enjoy!